If you are taking regular medication, it is important that you are aware of our policy for requesting more medication. All prescriptions must be requested in writing and you should allow two working days before collection.
Ordering your repeat prescriptions
- By Patient Access. To register for our online services, bring some ID to the Practice and ask one of our receptionists to print you a PIN letter. Once registered, this is the most accurate and quickest way of requesting repeat prescriptions.
- Put your request in the box in the waiting room. Medication on the repeat system can be requested by ticking the item required on the list attached to the prescription. For all other requests the name and address of the patient and the name, strength and dosage of the medication is needed.
- By Email. All requests require the name of patient, address, strength and dosage of medication needed. E-mail Parkside.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arrange through your local pharmacies to order and collect your prescriptions for you. For a list of pharmacies with which we have a collection arrangement, see our website www.parksidegrouppractice.co.uk or ask at reception.
- Send your request to us with a stamped, self-addressed envelope.
Prescription requests will not be accepted over the telephone.
Most prescriptions can be sent directly to your local pharmacy via the Electronic Prescription Service (EPS)
Electronic Prescription Service (EPS) may save you time by avoiding unnecessary trips to your GP. EPS makes it possible for your prescriptions to be sent electronically to the pharmacy or dispenser of your choice. This means you'll no longer have to collect a paper repeat prescription from your GP - instead, you can go straight to your nominated pharmacy to pick up your medicines. Speak to one of our receptionists or your local Pharmacy to sign up for EPS!