In line with the new GDPR guidelines we have updated our privacy policies.
Privacy Notices can be downloaded here and printed if required. If you need a hard copy of these notices, please ask at reception.
HOW WE USE YOUR MEDICAL RECORDS
Important Information for Patients
· This practice handles medical records in-line with laws on data protection and confidentiality.
· We share medical records with those who are involved in providing you with care and treatment.
· In some circumstances we will also share medical records for medical research, for example to find out more about why people get ill.
· We share information when the law requires us to do so, for example, to prevent infectious diseases from spreading or to check the care being provided to you is safe.
· You have the right to be given a copy of your medical record.
· You have the right to object to your medical records being shared with those who provide you with care.
· You have the right to object to your information being used for medical research and to plan health services.
· You have the right to have any mistakes corrected and to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
· Please see the practice privacy notices on the website or speak to a member of staff who can provide you with a copy.
For more information ask at Reception for a leaflet OR visit our website www.parksidegrouppractice.co.uk